“The Power of the collective: Business Angels, Seed Funds, Accelerators & Incubation Space”
EBAN Congress 2014
The theme for the EBAN 14th Annual Congress and 9th Annual Awards is “The Power of the collective: Business Angels, Seed Funds, Accelerators & Incubation Space”. EBAN is the pan-European representative for the early stage investor community, gathering 109 member organizations in 37 countries today. Established in 1999 by a group of pioneer angel networks in Europe with the collaboration of the European Commission and EURADA, EBAN represents a sector estimated to invest 5.1billion Euros a year and playing a vital role in Europe’s future, notably in the funding of SMEs and creation of wealth and jobs.
Our members range from Business Angel Networks to Early Stage Funds and other market players active in the equity investments into early stage companies. EBAN’s mission is to lead the representation of Business Angels Networks and other Early Stage Investors in start-ups in Europe and to be a platform of exchange and professionalization for them.
Who are we
EBAN is a non-profit association representing the interests of business angels, business angels networks (BANs) and federation of networks, seed funds and other entities involved in bridging the equity gap in Europe.
EBAN was established with the collaboration of the European Commission in 1999 by a group of pioneer BANs in Europe and EURADA (European Association of Development Agencies).
What We Do
- Represent the early stage investment market in Europe
- Carry out research on the angel market and produce facts and trends
- Identify and share best practice
- Promote the role and visibility of business angel networks and early stage funds in Europe
- Promote synergies and networking opportunities among actors in the industry
- Support the emergence of professional structures and quality standards across Europe
- Support the internationalisation of the angel and early stage industry and movement
- Federations of business angels networks
- Business angels networks with a transnational, national, regional and local coverage
- Early stage venture capital funds
- Other entities involved in promoting the early stage investment market in Europe
- Individual business angels