When I launched my business, I had an “office” in a walk-in closet off my living room. The view wasn’t so great. Back then my “enterprise” consisted of me and the cat. I would often venture out to Starbucks for a little human interaction. I knew all the baristas on a first name basis.
Studies have shown that we are more likely to stick with an exercise program if we have a workout partner. Someone to be accountable to, to encourage you, someone to share goals with, or simply someone to laugh with over the misfortune of the day.
And yet many of us go it alone when we launch our businesses? Why not find another business owner to be your workout buddy – you don’t have to walk into networking events alone – you can tag team the room. Someone to share with – what technology worked, what was the workaround to those Internet glitches or simply share a cup of coffee occasionally. The baristas tend to get busy!!
If you can’t find a business partner, why not consider an executive coach. Coaching offers an independent third party perspective to your business. It creates a safe space for you to brainstorm, share confidences and practice your approach. You don’t have to go it alone. In fact, most folks get help in the corporate environment.
- An internal report of the Personnel Management Association showed that when training is combined with coaching, individuals increase their productivity by an average of 86% compared to 22% with training alone.
BENEFITS OF EXECUTIVE COACHING
- Identify executive strengths and development needs
- Help the client leverage existing strengths and improve performance
- Create an Executive Strategy with an Action Plan and Accountability to help them stay on track
- Facilitate positive and sustainable behavior changes
- Assist develop leadership skills and offer a safe environment to practice
- Offer enhanced career planning and development with an action-oriented plan
- Provide regular ongoing feedback and support that assures professional growth
Matching tracksuits is completely up to you . . .